Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
andrewc

Default Extracting Data from a list

I am trying to extract data from a list which is set up as follows:

A2 Microsoft B2 31/12/2004 C2 10
A3 Microsoft B3 31/01/2005 C3 11
A4 Microsoft B4 28/02/2005 C4 12
A5 IBM B5 31/12/2004 C5 66
A6 IBM B6 31/01/2005 C6 69
A7 IBM B7 28/02/2005 C7 72
Etc

In one formula I would like to be able to extract the value from column
C that meets a crierion in both columns A and B - for example, IBM and
31/01/2005

I'd really appreciate it if someone can show me a formula that will do
this!

Many thanks!

--
andrewc
andrewc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19613

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

Depending on what you want to do with the result...........one way is to
insert a new column A and concatenate the old A2 and B2 into the new A2, and
copy down, then use a VLOOKUP formula to find that value and step over to the
column you want....like
=VLOOKUP(Microsoft&31/01/2005,A2:D100,4,FALSE)
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"andrewc" wrote:

I am trying to extract data from a list which is set up as follows:

A2 Microsoft B2 31/12/2004 C2 10
A3 Microsoft B3 31/01/2005 C3 11
A4 Microsoft B4 28/02/2005 C4 12
A5 IBM B5 31/12/2004 C5 66
A6 IBM B6 31/01/2005 C6 69
A7 IBM B7 28/02/2005 C7 72
Etc

In one formula I would like to be able to extract the value from column
C that meets a crierion in both columns A and B - for example, IBM and
31/01/2005

I'd really appreciate it if someone can show me a formula that will do
this!

Many thanks!

--
andrewc
andrewc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19613
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=493013

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

See if something like this works for you:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A6="Microsoft")*(B1:B6="31/12/2004"),C1:C6)

Does that help?

Regards,
Ron

--