Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
PatM

Default Can I allow cell merging in a protected sheet

I am trying to setup a protected spreadsheet but want users to be able to
merge certain cells. When I turn the protection on I am not able to use the
merge function on cells that have not been locked, is their any way round
this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Thiem

Format Cells Protection, remove tick in the mark in the "Lock Cell
indicator"only for the cells that you want the users to merge, so by
using your Ctrl+mouse click, on the cells that you want users to merge,
untick or remove the tick for these specific cells, and the protect your
workbook

Thiem
Thiem's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27474
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=493011