Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kelly

Default Test plus date and time

I have a list of names and I want to put those names in a drop down list.
Once someone selects a name from the drop down list I want that name and the
current date and time to populate that cell. Does anyone have any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JE McGimpsey

See

If you're using XL02/03 you can combine the macro with Data/Validation
dropdowns. If you're using XL97/00(IIRC) or MacXL, you'll need to use
the Worksheet_Calculate event instead, since choosing a value from a
validation dropdown doesn't fire the _Change event.