Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Orf

Default How to calculate average from large dataset in several sheets?

I have a table that looks like the example below.

There are several of these tanks with input data on each sheet and there are
12 sheets in the workbook. I want to make a page where I calculate the
average of all the input data, irrespective of which tank the data comes
from. So the average of all the input data. How do I do this?

Tank A.
Date 10 12 13 17 20
Result 2 3 3 4 3

Average 2 3 3 4 3
Bulknr. 106445 106457 106457 106502
Sats. AA AA AA AA
Sign HE HE HE LF

Tank B.
Date 10 12 13 17 20
Result 2 3 3 4 3

Average 2 3 3 4 3
Bulknr. 106445 106457 106457 106502
Sats. AA AA AA AA
Sign HE HE HE LF

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Engin

Hi Orf,

If I'm interpreting your problem correctly, a possible solution is as
follows:

Assuming that the "Result" data is located at B3 thru F3 on each sheet
(example is for two sheets):

On the third sheet, on any cell you want, enter "=average(" and select the
two (or more) sheets at once, and enter "B3:F3)"

example: =AVERAGE(Sheet1:Sheet2!B3:F3)

I hope this helps.

Engin

"Orf" wrote in message
I have a table that looks like the example below.

There are several of these tanks with input data on each sheet and there
are
12 sheets in the workbook. I want to make a page where I calculate the
average of all the input data, irrespective of which tank the data comes
from. So the average of all the input data. How do I do this?

Tank A.
Date 10 12 13 17 20
Result 2 3 3 4 3

Average 2 3 3 4 3