Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Stilla

Default YIKES! All Validation functionality DISAPPEARED!

Help Please!

I'm not sure how this happened! I had various cells in my worksheet with
validation functions/drop down menus. The reference lists are still there..
but the arrows and menus within the cells disappeared! Not only that, but I
can't create a validation list anywhere on this sheet! HELP!
Whasssswrong!!!?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Héctor Miguel

hi, Stilla !

I'm not sure how this happened!
I had various cells in my worksheet with validation functions/drop down menus.
The reference lists are still there... but the arrows and menus within the cells disappeared!
Not only that, but I can't create a validation list anywhere on this sheet! ...

and/or... tools options view [tab] objects [section] hide all [see if checked-on]
and/or... [somehow like a macro] deleted shapes [validation dropdown incuded] on 'that' worksheet [so...]
and/or... [somehow] 'that' worksheet has corrupted

[maybe] you will need to re-create 'the worksheet' [and delete corrupted one]

hth,
hector.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
KL

Hi Stilla,

I'm not sure how this happened! I had various cells in my worksheet with
validation functions/drop down menus. The reference lists are still there..
but the arrows and menus within the cells disappeared! Not only that, but I
can't create a validation list anywhere on this sheet!

The last frase ("can't create a validation list ANYWHERE on this sheet") makes me doubt a bit, but what you describe may happen in
Excel97 if your validation cell happens to be in the frozen area when menu WindowsFreeze Panes is used.

Regards,
KL

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron de Bruin

Hi Stilla

I have seen this problem a few times the last months and can only reproduce it when
I use a macro that delete all shapes on the sheet.

Have you used VBA on that sheet

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl