Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
KL

Default YIKES! All Validation functionality DISAPPEARED!

Hi Stilla,

I'm not sure how this happened! I had various cells in my worksheet with
validation functions/drop down menus. The reference lists are still there..
but the arrows and menus within the cells disappeared! Not only that, but I
can't create a validation list anywhere on this sheet!

The last frase ("can't create a validation list ANYWHERE on this sheet") makes me doubt a bit, but what you describe may happen in
Excel97 if your validation cell happens to be in the frozen area when menu WindowsFreeze Panes is used.

Regards,
KL