Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jtgostars

Default Sum a row of multiple vlookups

I have a row of mixed data that gets used elsewhere with a vlookup
table. some cells are blank. I would like to place a sum of all the
vlookups into a single cell. I have tried using the sumproduct
(isnumber(match(index...... method but it doesn't seem to create two
arrays of the same size. here is a example of tables layout:

_Row_of_Data_
A B C D E F G H I J L
1 s m l m s l s

_vlookup_table_

A B C D

So for Row 1 I need the following result where the values in Row 1 are
used to in a vlookup to get the value from column D of the vlookup
table:

100+0+1000+10000+0+1000+100+10000+0+100+0=22300

thnx

--
jtgostars
jtgostars's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29543

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Domenic

Try...

=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(N1:N3,A1:L1,O1:O3))

....where N1:O3 contains your lookup table.

Hope this helps!

In article ,
jtgostars