Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dminkov

Default COUNTIF nonblanks

How to set COUNTIF, in order to count "nonblanks"? Which is the
parameter?
"0" is not the best idea...
And generally, where can I find info about all parameters, used in
Excel functions?

Thank you!

--
dminkov
dminkov's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=17757

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Trevor Shuttleworth

You could try:

=COUNTIF(A:A,"<")

Regards

Trevor

"dminkov" wrote in
message ...

How to set COUNTIF, in order to count "nonblanks"? Which is the
parameter?
"0" is not the best idea...
And generally, where can I find info about all parameters, used in
Excel functions?

Thank you!

--
dminkov
dminkov's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=492096

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

You don't need COUNTIF,

=COUNTA(A:A)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Trevor Shuttleworth" wrote in message
You could try:

=COUNTIF(A:A,"<")

Regards

Trevor

"dminkov" wrote in
message ...

How to set COUNTIF, in order to count "nonblanks"? Which is the
parameter?
"0" is not the best idea...
And generally, where can I find info about all parameters, used in
Excel functions?

Thank you!

--
dminkov
dminkov's Profile:
View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Trevor Shuttleworth

Quite right ... just going with the flow ;-)

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
You don't need COUNTIF,

=COUNTA(A:A)