Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gwyneth

Default warning: cannot change part of an array. how do I by pass this?

When trying to change the array in a workbook, I am getting the message
"Cannot change part of array". I do need to change the array, I beleive I
can by pass this but am not sure how to do it. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

It means that is a range array formula, so you need to select all cells in
that array before changing it. Just step through each cell until you find
the last one.

--

HTH

RP

"Gwyneth" wrote in message
When trying to change the array in a workbook, I am getting the message
"Cannot change part of array". I do need to change the array, I beleive I
can by pass this but am not sure how to do it. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Hi Gwyneth

Select the complete range of cells with the array formula before trying to
do the edit.

Regards

Roger Govier

Gwyneth wrote:
When trying to change the array in a workbook, I am getting the message
"Cannot change part of array". I do need to change the array, I beleive I
can by pass this but am not sure how to do it. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Gwyneth
A way to do this was shown to me in this group by Tushar Mehta and Harlan
Grove

A search for "Editing Array Formula" in this group should help find the
original

Method I now use:
Select any cell in the Array
press f2 then Ctrl+Shift+ Enter
(you now have the whole array selected)
press f2 then Ctrl+Enter
(this converts the array into individual formula)
you can now delete any cells you wish
now select the new array you want and correct the formula
comit with Ctrl+Shift+Enter

Sounds long winded but does work for me (plus it came v.respected members
of the forum so will not be far wrong)

hth RES