Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
comet

Default Hyperlinks to .pdf files

I have created a spreadsheet with cells that contain hyperlinks to .pdf
files. When I access this spreadsheet from a computer that only has Acrobat
Reader 7.0, the files open. However, recently I purchased the Professional
version and now when I click on the cell, there is a flash, but the file does
not open, nor does the program. If I open the program first and then click on
the excel cell, the file still does not open.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
blackmot

It works for me using Acrobat. Did you try replacing a link with a new one
to test it out? Check your file associations in explorer as well, perhaps
windows didn't assign the pdf type to Acrobat and it is still looking for
Reader.