Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
frenchbox

Default Automatically elliminate duplicates within a spreadsheet?

Hi everyone,

Operating with huge lists of domain names and other similar statistical
stuff I desperately need to find a solution in order to eliminate
similar entries within a table.

Any ideas as to a possible remedy (formula or function)?

Thanx in advance ;)

--
frenchbox
frenchbox's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29271

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Duke Carey

You could load it into Access or MSDE and use a simple query to extract
DISTINCT rows. Can be much, MUCH easier than fiddling with it in Excel

"frenchbox" wrote:

Hi everyone,

Operating with huge lists of domain names and other similar statistical
stuff I desperately need to find a solution in order to eliminate
similar entries within a table.

Any ideas as to a possible remedy (formula or function)?

Thanx in advance ;)

--
frenchbox
frenchbox's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29271
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=489906

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

DataFilterAdvanced Filter.

Check "unique records only" and "copy to another location".

For more on this see Debra Dalgleish's site

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xladvfilter01.html

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 12:44:43 -0600, frenchbox
wrote:

Hi everyone,

Operating with huge lists of domain names and other similar statistical
stuff I desperately need to find a solution in order to eliminate
similar entries within a table.

Any ideas as to a possible remedy (formula or function)?

Thanx in advance ;)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
frenchbox

Thanx a lot - it worked just fine.