Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Oscar

Default How do I set conditional formatting to interface with other cells?

Hi, I have a problem at work; I am trying to use conditional formatting to
highlight a date. If the date is between today and seven days ago highlight
yellow, before that green and after that red. This is all set up easy, the
problem is that I want it to reflect also when a date is entered in another
cell, if the date is seven days overdue it will be red but if the receipt
date is entered in another cell with a date that is still in range of another
color, I want the cell to reflect it.

I hope anybody can help me and if you need to see the spreadsheet just email
me and I'll send it to you just in case I didn't make myself clear.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Thanks in advance for any replyies.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

I don't think I understand. Can you give some examples? No attachments, just
spell it out.
--

HTH

RP

"Oscar" wrote in message
Hi, I have a problem at work; I am trying to use conditional formatting to
highlight a date. If the date is between today and seven days ago

highlight
yellow, before that green and after that red. This is all set up easy,

the
problem is that I want it to reflect also when a date is entered in

another
cell, if the date is seven days overdue it will be red but if the receipt
date is entered in another cell with a date that is still in range of

another
color, I want the cell to reflect it.

I hope anybody can help me and if you need to see the spreadsheet just

email
me and I'll send it to you just in case I didn't make myself clear.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Thanks in advance for any replyies.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Oscar

Default How do I set conditional formatting to interface with other ce

Sure, using the today formula

A=Required Delivery Date B Actual Del Date
1 11-23-2005(red)
2 12-20-2005(green)

Now, if there is nothing on B1 keep A1 red because its late, but if I plug
in 11-23-05 or before on B1 make A1 green since it was delivered on time.

Hope this helps

"Oscar" wrote in message
Hi, I have a problem at work; I am trying to use conditional formatting to
highlight a date. If the date is between today and seven days ago

highlight
yellow, before that green and after that red. This is all set up easy,

the
problem is that I want it to reflect also when a date is entered in

another
cell, if the date is seven days overdue it will be red but if the receipt
date is entered in another cell with a date that is still in range of

another
color, I want the cell to reflect it.

I hope anybody can help me and if you need to see the spreadsheet just

email
me and I'll send it to you just in case I didn't make myself clear.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Thanks in advance for any replyies.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips