Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Robert Tracey

Default Compound interest

Hi

I am trying to work out compound interest between two dates.

What I have so far is this:

cell content
______________________

A1 todays date
A2 a date in the past
A3 function to work out the number of days between the two dates ( I am
using DAYS360 )
A4 A3/365 (to change to years)
A5 Amount of money, say, 50

This is the bit I am having trouble with, the formula for compound interest

A6 A5(1+0.08)^A4

I keep getting #REF!

Can anyone help me please :)

Robert