Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Myrna

Default Employee Rate %

Time Sheet Reads as followed:
A B C D E
4 Mark 8.00 4
5 Joe 12.00 0
6 Jim 5.00 5
7 Jay 6.00 0
8 Julie 7.00 5
9 Zoe 6.00 0
10 Al 5.00 6
11 Ken 5.00 0

A= Employee's B= Hourly Rate C,D,E,etc. = Weekday hours
How do I create a formula to figure The Employee Number Daily for column C?
I have 8 employees total, but only 4 employees worked that day. I need a
formula give me the total for Column C of my 8 employees only 4 worked in
Column C that day.
The answer is 4
--
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Myrna

Mr, B
I get a total of 8. What is wrong?
--
Thank you

"bpeltzer" wrote:

=countif(c:c,"0")

"Myrna" wrote:

Time Sheet Reads as followed:
A B C D E
4 Mark 8.00 4
5 Joe 12.00 0
6 Jim 5.00 5
7 Jay 6.00 0
8 Julie 7.00 5
9 Zoe 6.00 0
10 Al 5.00 6
11 Ken 5.00 0

A= Employee's B= Hourly Rate C,D,E,etc. = Weekday hours
How do I create a formula to figure The Employee Number Daily for column C?
I have 8 employees total, but only 4 employees worked that day. I need a
formula give me the total for Column C of my 8 employees only 4 worked in
Column C that day.
The answer is 4
--
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Myrna

Mr, B
I do not want the hours worked. I want the total of the # of employees
that worked for the day. I have 8 employees, but only 4 worked that day in
column C.
I need the formula to come up with 4 as the answer.
--
Thank you

"Myrna" wrote:

Time Sheet Reads as followed:
A B C D E
4 Mark 8.00 4
5 Joe 12.00 0
6 Jim 5.00 5
7 Jay 6.00 0
8 Julie 7.00 5
9 Zoe 6.00 0
10 Al 5.00 6
11 Ken 5.00 0

A= Employee's B= Hourly Rate C,D,E,etc. = Weekday hours
How do I create a formula to figure The Employee Number Daily for column C?
I have 8 employees total, but only 4 employees worked that day. I need a
formula give me the total for Column C of my 8 employees only 4 worked in
Column C that day.
The answer is 4
--
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bpeltzer

Okay, so it is column C. Then =countif(c:c,"0") should work if this table
is the only data in the column. If there's additional stuff above or below
your table, then specify the row range as well: =countif(c4:c11,"0").
BTW, the equation you got for the hourly rate provided the answer you asked
for; but you should be aware that it's NOT the average labor cost per hour
worked if the employees' rates and hours worked differ from one another (as
is the case in your example).
--Bruce

"Myrna" wrote:

Time Sheet Reads as followed:
A B C D E
4 Mark 8.00 4
5 Joe 12.00 0
6 Jim 5.00 5
7 Jay 6.00 0
8 Julie 7.00 5
9 Zoe 6.00 0
10 Al 5.00 6
11 Ken 5.00 0

A= Employee's B= Hourly Rate C,D,E,etc. = Weekday hours
How do I create a formula to figure The Employee Number Daily for column C?
I have 8 employees total, but only 4 employees worked that day. I need a
formula give me the total for Column C of my 8 employees only 4 worked in
Column C that day.
The answer is 4
--
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Myrna

Mr. B,
Thank you for your patience, yes I had data below. Specified my range and
formula works.

--
Thank you