Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dukof

Default can I reference a cell as someting like: cell(1, 1) ?

What I want to do is to link to a value in column A, with the row
specified by the cell of highest value in column "D".

I want to do this by a single cell function. I'm thinking someting like

=Cell(1, row(Address(High(D:D))))

Obviously, this is just my thought up function... But is this possible
to do, and how would I code it?

--
dukof
dukof's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29084

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Barb Reinhardt

Try using the match function to get the row number you need:

=MATCH(MAX(D:D),D:D,0)

Be aware that match gives the relative position in the array.

I'm not sure what you want to do with it however. I'm thinking that the
INDIRECT function might get you where you want to go.

If this isn't what you want, come back and clarify.

"dukof" wrote in message

What I want to do is to link to a value in column A, with the row
specified by the cell of highest value in column "D".

I want to do this by a single cell function. I'm thinking someting like

=Cell(1, row(Address(High(D:D))))

Obviously, this is just my thought up function... But is this possible
to do, and how would I code it?

--
dukof
dukof's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=488127

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dukof

Yes, Thanks!

That's was a good start.

Actually, I now found the offset function, which combined with this
will give what I was looking for:

=OFFSET(A1; MATCH(MAX(D:D);D:D; 0) - 1;0)

This will give me the value at column A, at the row specified with the
max value of column D.

If anyone know some alternative ways to code this function I would be
interested to know about them too.

Thanks a lot! :)