dutchinny

Default how to include a cell reference that is contained in a cell withi.

cell named 'gohere' contains a cell reference created by concatenation:
="$A$"&D15
(where d15 contains the count of non-blank cells.) so i end up with e.g.
$a$7. my question is how to reference the cell named 'gohere' in a macro
that will place me in $a$7. i'm only a beginning macro-ist with no vb
experience......

my ultimate purpose is to paste content from sheet 1 to the next available
cell in sheet 2

i've tried to apply similar scenarios that i found on the forum to my
situation but haven't been very successful.

thank you for any advice.
Anne Troy

Well, till someone else comes along, that's not really how they do it to my
knowledge. What they do is use xlUp. Just do a google search for it, and
you'll find lots of samples.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"dutchinny" wrote in message
cell named 'gohere' contains a cell reference created by concatenation:
="$A$"&D15
(where d15 contains the count of non-blank cells.) so i end up with e.g.
$a$7. my question is how to reference the cell named 'gohere' in a macro
that will place me in $a$7. i'm only a beginning macro-ist with no vb
experience......

my ultimate purpose is to paste content from sheet 1 to the next available
cell in sheet 2

i've tried to apply similar scenarios that i found on the forum to my
situation but haven't been very successful.

thank you for any advice.

Gord Dibben

If the ultimate goal is to paste content from sheet1 to next available cell in
sheet2 in column A.............

Sub testing()
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1:G1").Copy _
Destination:=Sheets("Sheet2").Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp) _
.Offset(1, 0)
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 14:49:03 -0700, dutchinny
wrote:

cell named 'gohere' contains a cell reference created by concatenation:
="$A$"&D15
(where d15 contains the count of non-blank cells.) so i end up with e.g.
$a$7. my question is how to reference the cell named 'gohere' in a macro
that will place me in $a$7. i'm only a beginning macro-ist with no vb
experience......

my ultimate purpose is to paste content from sheet 1 to the next available
cell in sheet 2

i've tried to apply similar scenarios that i found on the forum to my
situation but haven't been very successful.

thank you for any advice.

dutchinny

Default how to include a cell reference that is contained in a cell wi

Thank You much! Google and You Shall Find! thanks for letting me know
what to look for though!

"dutchinny" wrote in message
cell named 'gohere' contains a cell reference created by concatenation:
="$A$"&D15
(where d15 contains the count of non-blank cells.) so i end up with e.g.
$a$7. my question is how to reference the cell named 'gohere' in a macro
that will place me in $a$7. i'm only a beginning macro-ist with no vb
experience......

my ultimate purpose is to paste content from sheet 1 to the next available
cell in sheet 2

i've tried to apply similar scenarios that i found on the forum to my
situation but haven't been very successful.

thank you for any advice.

Anne Troy

You're welcome. I've found that's true for many things... people just don't
know the key word to use. :) A lot of people wonder why I created Office
Articles. Well, in them, I try to use words that people use, too, and not
just the names the software uses for a feature.
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com