Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
kathy006

Default if statements

I need help with if statements on a excel worksheet for payroll purposes
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

I don't think we can help much with that little detail. We need to
understand your data, what you want to achieve, what you have tried, and
what you got from that.

--

HTH

RP

"kathy006" wrote in message
I need help with if statements on a excel worksheet for payroll purposes

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rowan Drummond

Either:

click on the Insert Function button (fx), select Logical in the "Select
a Category" field and select IF in the "Select a function field". Then
click on the Help on this Function hyperlink.

Or:

Give us a LOT more information

Regards
Rowan

I need help with if statements on a excel worksheet for payroll purposes

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Yao

I use the following formula:

=IF(OR(ISTEXT(AB3),ISTEXT(AE3)),"Error in C12 or C15",(AB3+AE3))

to tally the morning hrs (the time in and time out tally) and the afternoon
hrs (the time in and time out tally) of employees of my company. The limit
that they can work each day is 8 hrs, but sometimes their time ends up being
8.25 of 8.5. When this happens the calculation needs to still tally just 8
hrs. How can I set this formula?

Yao
--
Yao