Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jgp_2

Default Do I Need to Use an IF Statement?

Hopefully someone can help me with this. I'm not sure if I need to use
an IF statement to acheive the desired results.

Column I has numeric values from 0 - 30 in it. In Column J I want to be
able to show some goupings for instance 1 - 5, 6 - 11, 12 - 17 etc. This
would be determined by the value in Column D.

It would look like the below example:

_Column_I_ _Column_J_
10 6 - 11 Days Out
5 1 - 5 Days Out
3 1 - 5 Days Out
16 12 - 17 Days Out

I was using the folowing IF statement which works from 1 - 5 and 6 -
11, but now I am stuck. =IF(I5<6,"1-5 Days Out",IF(I55,"6 - 11 Days
Out"))

Thanks in advance for your help!:)

--
jgp_2
jgp_2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27624

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marcotte A

It might be easier just to set up a lookup table. On another worksheet (or
somewhere else on the current worksheet) put the break points (i.e. 1, 6, 12)
in the first column, then the descriptions in the second column. Then use
this formula in column J:

=vlookup(I1,'OtherSheet'$A$1:$B$3,2,1)

"jgp_2" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jgp_2

Thanks for your help everyone! I went the LOOKUP route and it worked.