Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
carl

Default Interrupting A Worksheet Calculation

Is there a way to stop the calculation in the worksheet ?

Some of my worksheets take a while to calculate and occaisionally I need to
stop them to attend to something else.

Thank you in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernie Deitrick

Carl,

No. Kill the Excel process, or just wait.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"carl" wrote in message
Is there a way to stop the calculation in the worksheet ?

Some of my worksheets take a while to calculate and occaisionally I need to
stop them to attend to something else.

Thank you in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MrShorty

In my copy of Excel (2002), if I use the mouse or the arrow keys to
select a different cell, it will usually halt calculation (sometimes
there's a delay), put "Calculate" in the status bar, and wait until I
leave the cursor still for short time, then will restart calculating.

If this is a frequent annoyance, you may consider setting calculation
to manual (Tools- Options-Calculation-check manual).

--
MrShorty
MrShorty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22181