-   -   Interrupting A Worksheet Calculation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/56793-interrupting-worksheet-calculation.html)

carl

Interrupting A Worksheet Calculation

Is there a way to stop the calculation in the worksheet ?

Some of my worksheets take a while to calculate and occaisionally I need to
stop them to attend to something else.

Thank you in advance.

Bernie Deitrick

Interrupting A Worksheet Calculation

Carl,

No. Kill the Excel process, or just wait.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"carl" wrote in message
Is there a way to stop the calculation in the worksheet ?

Some of my worksheets take a while to calculate and occaisionally I need to
stop them to attend to something else.

Thank you in advance.

MrShorty

Interrupting A Worksheet Calculation

In my copy of Excel (2002), if I use the mouse or the arrow keys to
select a different cell, it will usually halt calculation (sometimes
there's a delay), put "Calculate" in the status bar, and wait until I
leave the cursor still for short time, then will restart calculating.

If this is a frequent annoyance, you may consider setting calculation
to manual (Tools- Options-Calculation-check manual).

--
MrShorty
MrShorty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22181