Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Scott at Culvers

Default Find a negative number in a range

I'm trying to search through a range of numbers for any numbers that are
negative. The range is a hidden column, and I need to determine if there is
a negative number anywhere in the column. Is there a function to do so?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Hi Scott

One way
=COUNTIF(D:D,"<0")
where D is your hidden column.
This will give you a count of the negative numbers, but not tell you where
they are within the column.

Regards

Roger Govier