Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Alex

Default collect data's from different excel files

I would like to collect some data's from different excel files in an separate
worksheet.
All the files have one common cell (project no.) Based on this may I get the
data's in a new file?
Thank's a lot for your answers.
Alex
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Louise

Hi Alex

Do you mean you want to have a new workbook containing figures which are
held in other individual books?

If so, ensure all your workbooks are open. On the new workbook, put an =
into the relevant cell and then go to the first workbook you wish to get a
figure from. Click onto the cell(s) containing the figures you need and then
enter +, - etc, go to the next workbook and do exactly the same etc.

HTH

Louise

"Alex" wrote:

I would like to collect some data's from different excel files in an separate
worksheet.
All the files have one common cell (project no.) Based on this may I get the
data's in a new file?
Thank's a lot for your answers.
Alex

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Alex

Thank you very much Louise. I didnt mean that. Let me try to explain further.
In one directory I have hundreds of excel files with different ordered
materials, (therefore I made self a purchasing template). Each file contain
the purchased materials at one given moment to one supplier. All the files in
this map have a cell (O13) where I inserted the project number.
The map is named after the project number, too. (actually I have a lot of
maps = projects).
Now I have a request to make a statistic in order to see what was ordered by
project.
I would like to make one worksheet (where maybe I have to run macros) where
I would like to import datas from the other excel files.
Thanks for your support.
Alex