Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dallin

Default Dynamic Data Range

I have a range of data example:
Jan 100
Feb 200
Mar 300
Apr 400
May 0
Jun 0
July 0
Aug 0
etc...
I am using the min() function on the complete data range and of course it
returns a 0 for the answer. However, I would like the min() function to only
include the Jan - Apr data in the calculation and return 100. How do I
exclude the 0 data because I plan on running the data monthly and picking up
an extra month of data and then would want the formula to recognize the new
months data and again exclude the zeros. Thanks.
--
thanks, mc
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

=MIN(IF(B1:B100<0,B1:B100))

which is an array formula, so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter.

--

HTH

RP

"dallin" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BenjieLop

dallin Wrote:
[...]

Assuming that entries in Column B are in B2:B13, your formula is

=LARGE(B2:B13,COUNTIF(B2:B13,\"0\"))

... hope this is what you need.

Regards.

--