Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BenjieLop

Default Dynamic Data Range

dallin Wrote:
I have a range of data example:
Jan 100
Feb 200
Mar 300
Apr 400
May 0
Jun 0
July 0
Aug 0
etc...
I am using the min() function on the complete data range and of course
it
returns a 0 for the answer. However, I would like the min() function
to only
include the Jan - Apr data in the calculation and return 100. How do
exclude the 0 data because I plan on running the data monthly and
picking up
an extra month of data and then would want the formula to recognize the
new
months data and again exclude the zeros. Thanks.
--
thanks, mc

Assuming that entries in Column B are in B2:B13, your formula is

=LARGE(B2:B13,COUNTIF(B2:B13,\"0\"))

... hope this is what you need.

Regards.

--