Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lolly

Default Jumping colums in Excel 2000

In a spreadsheet using about 20 columns, after entering a letter in Column C
or just pressing Enter, I need to jump from Column C to Column E. It has been
brought to my attention that I need to create a Macro for this function, but
unfortunately I cannot find one that works. I think the Macro may relate to
SelectionChange.
There is a vlookup equation in Column D and that works brilliantly.

Help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ed Ferrero

Hi Lolly,

You don't need a macro.

1) Select the cells that need to be edited, use the menu command
Format - Cells... Click the Protection tab, uncheck the Locked box

2) Then use the menu command Tools - Protection - Protect Sheet
Make sure the 'Select Locked Cells' option is unchecked and click ok.

3) Use menu command Tools - Options, click the Edit tab, change the
move selection after Enter direction to 'Right'

So, for instance, if you unlocked columns A to C and E to F in step 1
then Starting in cell A1 and pressing Enter repeatedly would select
cells A1, B1, C1, E1, F1, A2, B2....

Ed Ferrero
http://edferrero.m6.net/

In a spreadsheet using about 20 columns, after entering a letter in Column
or just pressing Enter, I need to jump from Column C to Column E. It has
been
brought to my attention that I need to create a Macro for this function,
but
unfortunately I cannot find one that works. I think the Macro may relate
SelectionChange.
There is a vlookup equation in Column D and that works brilliantly.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
kjs

"Ed Ferrero" wrote in message

2) Then use the menu command Tools - Protection - Protect Sheet
Make sure the 'Select Locked Cells' option is unchecked and click ok.

Doesn't that only appear in Excel 2002?
Lolly is looking for a 2000 solution, yah?

Kevin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

In Excel 2000 use the Tab key to jump to unprotected cells.

Follow the rest of Ed'd advice about unprotecting cells to jump to.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:26:54 -0000, "kjs" wrote:

"Ed Ferrero" wrote in message

2) Then use the menu command Tools - Protection - Protect Sheet
Make sure the 'Select Locked Cells' option is unchecked and click ok.

Doesn't that only appear in Excel 2002?
Lolly is looking for a 2000 solution, yah?

Kevin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lolly

Hi Ed,
Thank you for your response. Sorry, but I think you misunderstood my query.
I want to be able toautomatically jump from column C to column E without
having to press Enter again in column D or use the Tab key from D.

"Ed Ferrero" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ed Ferrero

Hi Lolly,

You could place these two macros in the worksheet code pane.
(open the VBE by pressing Alt-F11, then double click Sheet1 in the list at
the left)

If Target.Column = 5 Then
Target.Offset(0, 2).Select

If Target.Column = 6 Then
Target.Offset(0, 1).Select

BUT - you still need to press Enter after typing a number in column D.
I don't know how to do what you want without using the Enter key.

Ed Ferrero
http://edferrero.m6.net/