Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ed Ferrero

Default Jumping colums in Excel 2000

Hi Lolly,

You could place these two macros in the worksheet code pane.
(open the VBE by pressing Alt-F11, then double click Sheet1 in the list at
the left)

If Target.Column = 5 Then
Target.Offset(0, 2).Select

If Target.Column = 6 Then
Target.Offset(0, 1).Select

BUT - you still need to press Enter after typing a number in column D.
I don't know how to do what you want without using the Enter key.

Ed Ferrero
http://edferrero.m6.net/

Hi Ed,
Thank you for your response. Sorry, but I think you misunderstood my
query.
I want to be able toautomatically jump from column C to column E without
having to press Enter again in column D or use the Tab key from D.

"Ed Ferrero" wrote:

Hi Lolly,

You don't need a macro.

1) Select the cells that need to be edited, use the menu command
Format - Cells... Click the Protection tab, uncheck the Locked box

2) Then use the menu command Tools - Protection - Protect Sheet
Make sure the 'Select Locked Cells' option is unchecked and click ok.

3) Use menu command Tools - Options, click the Edit tab, change the
move selection after Enter direction to 'Right'

So, for instance, if you unlocked columns A to C and E to F in step 1
then Starting in cell A1 and pressing Enter repeatedly would select
cells A1, B1, C1, E1, F1, A2, B2....

Ed Ferrero
http://edferrero.m6.net/

In a spreadsheet using about 20 columns, after entering a letter in
Column
or just pressing Enter, I need to jump from Column C to Column E. It
has
been
brought to my attention that I need to create a Macro for this
function,
but
unfortunately I cannot find one that works. I think the Macro may
relate
SelectionChange.
There is a vlookup equation in Column D and that works brilliantly.

Help would be greatly appreciated.