Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ted

Default Problems adding formula together. Please Help!

Hi,

I am ultimately trying to incorporate these two:

=ROUND(7/(A3-A3),5)

=IF(A30.5,A3,"")

I cant get them to both run together though €“ has anyone any suggestions
please??

Ted.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Adam Kroger

Doesn't the math portion of =ROUND(7/(A3-A3),5) specifically 7/(A3-A3)
result in a "Divide by zero" regardless of the value of A3?

I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to Excell ,(I'm
looking for help on another matter) so there could be something somewhere
else in the formula that invalidates my observation, but I'd start by making
sure the math operation is actually what you want done.

Adam

"Ted" wrote in message

I am ultimately trying to incorporate these two:

=ROUND(7/(A3-A3),5)

=IF(A30.5,A3,"")

I cant get them to both run together though - has anyone any suggestions
please??

Ted.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

=ROUND(7/(A3-A3),5)

That won't work. You're dividing by zero and will return a #DIV/0! error.

Perhaps you mean:

=ROUND(7/A3-A3,5)

And perhaps this:

=IF(ROUND(7/A3-A3,5)0.5,A3,"")

Biff

"Ted" wrote in message

I am ultimately trying to incorporate these two:

=ROUND(7/(A3-A3),5)

=IF(A30.5,A3,"")

I cant get them to both run together though - has anyone any suggestions
please??

Ted.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ted

Hi, sorry, I meant to write A3-B3 for all of it - its because its for cells
ZX and ZY etc, so I thought it might be simpler to use examples of single
alphabet. Otherwise, the formula is fine €“ except for me not being able to
attach the two. They work well alone etc, I just dont know what order to
separate the sections and what abbreviations to use etc.

If anyone has any ideas..?

Thanks for you response though, its appreciated.

Ted.

"Ted" wrote in message

I am ultimately trying to incorporate these two:

=ROUND(7/(A3-A3),5)

=IF(A30.5,A3,"")

I cant get them to both run together though - has anyone any suggestions
please??

Ted.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ted

the two I am trying to connect to be one sum, should be:

=ROUND(7/(A3-B3),5)

=IF(<0.5"")

where "" means enter a blank cell

sorry for the previous version.