Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Eqa

Default increase conditional formating options

How do I increase the No. of formats in conditional formating from 3 to 6
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

Take a look at these:

http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/conditional6.html

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.....Download.html

Biff

"Eqa" wrote in message
How do I increase the No. of formats in conditional formating from 3 to 6

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Alan

It cant be done other than using VB code. Search 'Excel Programming on
Google, there are loads of posts on this subject in there,
Regards,
Alan.
"Eqa" wrote in message
How do I increase the No. of formats in conditional formating from 3 to 6

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Eqa

This doesn't seem to help me using dates only numbers. How do i apply this to
a variety of old dates ? EG over 30 days old over 60 days old etc from today?

"Eqa" wrote in message
How do I increase the No. of formats in conditional formating from 3 to 6

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

Dates *ARE* numbers! (unless you specifically enter a date TEXT string)
They're just numbers formatted to look like dates.

The technique from that first link won't work for your situtation.

That add-in from the second link should work (although I've never tried it.
The authors are highly regarded and reputable.)

Other than those 2 choices your only remaining option is VBA code. I can't
help with that.

Biff

"Eqa" wrote in message
How do I increase the No. of formats in conditional formating from 3
to 6

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Eqa

Biff

What number do I use for Today as it must change everyday? Do I have to
reformat the cell every day?? I do not understand how to get the info from
your second link either. Sorry for sounding like a dill.

"Eqa" wrote in message
How do I increase the No. of formats in conditional formating from 3
to 6

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

What number do I use for Today as it must change everyday?

You would use the TODAY() function.

Do I have to reformat the cell every day??

No, The TODAY() function is a volatile function meaning that it updates
every time the file calculates.

You should post this in the programming forum and include all the conditions
in your post. The more info you provide the easier it will be for someone to
come up with a good solution.

Biff

"Eqa" wrote in message
How do I increase the No. of formats in conditional formating from
3
to 6

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Eqa

Biff,

I have tried using TODAY() but it doesn't seem to accept it. However if I
enter a number it works fine?

Hi!

"Eqa" wrote in message
How do I increase the No. of formats in conditional formating from
3
to 6

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

See your post in programming.

Biff

"Eqa" wrote in message
Biff,

I have tried using TODAY() but it doesn't seem to accept it. However if I
enter a number it works fine?

Hi!