Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ChrisM

Default Mode between two serial dates/times

Hi all,

I have two spreadsheets. The first spreadsheet contains two columns, one for
start date/time (in serial format) and the second for stop date/time (in
serial format).

The second spreadsheet contains two columns. One containing a serial
date/time and the other containing a meteorological value (eg. temperature).

I want Excel to read the start and stop date/time from the first spreadhseet
and then search the second spreadsheet for all temperature values which were
recorded during this time frame.

Lastly, I want Excel to determine the MODE of these values.

Is this possible using a single Excel function?? Or will I have to use many
nested functions?? Would it be easier to use VBA and if so where would I
start?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

I have two spreadsheets.

Does that mean you have 2 separate files or does that mean you have 2
worksheets in 1 file?

Biff