Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mstack

Default copy and paste between cells that have data

I am trying to copy and paste values to a cell that already has data in it.
For example: Cell A1 has "Mary" in it. I need to paste "-1234" next to her
name so I see "Mary-1234" in cell A1. The pasted value will change for each
name in column A and I have 300 cells to go through! Right now, I'm going up
to the formula bar, putting my insertion point next to "Mary" and pasting the
value. Is there a way faster method of doing this so I don't have to
copy/paste individual cells?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Suresh

Try pasting the values in an adjacent column and then put a simple formula as
"=G23&"-"&H23" Where G23 is the cell which contains Mary and H23 is the
adjacent cell that contains 1234 When you have it you may paste it as values
before deleting the other two columns