Charlie Payne

Default sending data from one cell to another (not using copy & paste)

Is there a command that automatically sends data from one
cell to another cell once the first cell contains data. I
know that the usual way to do this is to use the copy
command: =Sheet1$X53 however this is 'pulling the data'
rather than having it be sent to another cell. However I
don't want to use this formula as I require that the
worksheet that the data is sent to has all unused cells
blank (as opposed to having unused cells containing the
copy command). The reason for this requirement is that the
worksheet needs to be imported into a system that rejects
blank cells with formula's in. (usually we have to delete
each unused cell).

I hope this makes senses - And I'd be extremly thankful
for any help!

Charlie

CarlosAntenna

As Frank has already said, you can't use formulas to change the value of
another cell. However I think you might be able to achieve the desired
result by copying the data from the source sheet and then using PASTE
SPECIAL VALUES at the destination. Formulas that evaluate to a blank on
the source will be blank on the destination.

Carlos