Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Selecting specific row/column from a named range

Suppose I have a named range "MyRange" (let's say it spans 10 rows and
10 cols) and I want to select only the 5th row in this range. Is there
a formula that will let me do that?

An extension to the question is what if I wanted only the 5th row and
the first three columns of this range?

Thanks!
Karthik

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

Define "select".

=INDEX(MyRange,5,COLUMNS($A:A))

Copied across to 3 cells will return data from the first 3 columns of the
5th row from MyRange.

Biff

wrote in message
oups.com...

Suppose I have a named range "MyRange" (let's say it spans 10 rows and
10 cols) and I want to select only the 5th row in this range. Is there
a formula that will let me do that?

An extension to the question is what if I wanted only the 5th row and
the first three columns of this range?

Thanks!
Karthik

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions