Default Using a formula to create named range reference

Is it possible to use a formula to create a reference to a variable
named range? For example, I want a given cell to refer to a named
range. However, the specific named range it would reference is
dependent on today's date. I have named ranges for each weekday, i.e.
Data2, Data3, Data4, Data5, Data6.

In the cell which will reference these ranges, I want to create the
reference to the range as "Data"+ WEEKDAY(TODAY()). I can't find any
docs to describe how to accomplish this.

TIA,
Rose

Biff

Hi!

I think this is what you're looking for:

INDIRECT("data"&WEEKDAY(TODAY()))

So that:

=SUM(INDIRECT("data"&WEEKDAY(TODAY())))

would Sum the named range Data4

However, if Data4 is a DYNAMIC range this will not work.

Biff

wrote in message
oups.com...
Is it possible to use a formula to create a reference to a variable
named range? For example, I want a given cell to refer to a named
range. However, the specific named range it would reference is
dependent on today's date. I have named ranges for each weekday, i.e.
Data2, Data3, Data4, Data5, Data6.

In the cell which will reference these ranges, I want to create the
reference to the range as "Data"+ WEEKDAY(TODAY()). I can't find any
docs to describe how to accomplish this.

TIA,
Rose

GIHRose

Bob Phillips wrote:
something like

=IF(INDIRECT("Data"&WEEKDAY(TODAY()))100, "Yes","No")

Thanks a bunch, Bob!! I actually was trying to get the contents of
the named range to appear so I did

=INDIRECT("Data"&WEEKDAY(TODAY()))

and it worked like a charm. Thanks a MILL! I am just a casual user
of Excel so I never would've figured this out on my own.

(on the 8th day, Dog created newsgroups...)

Rose
GIHRose

Biff wrote:

Hi!

I think this is what you're looking for:

INDIRECT("data"&WEEKDAY(TODAY()))

Yup - that's it exactly. Thanks!!