Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marcus

Default Significant digits

Hello;

I amin dire need of some help. I would like to be able to have a way of
getting the last 2 siginifcant dogits of numeric string in a new cell. i.e.
if a cell contains the number 2.3345 I would like to be able to know what
the last 2 digits are i.e. 45 and have that number show up as in integer in a
new cell. Can anyone help me please.

Thanks.

Mark
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tiah

Hello !

formula is :

=VALUE(RIGHT(A1,2))

RIGHT will give you last two digits

VALUE will convert the string into numeric

tiah.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten

You get several replies to your previous post already.
You did not give any new information in this post.
If the answers did not help you, please post again in the same thread.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Marcus" wrote in message
Hello;

I amin dire need of some help. I would like to be able to have a way of
getting the last 2 siginifcant dogits of numeric string in a new cell.
i.e.
if a cell contains the number 2.3345 I would like to be able to know what
the last 2 digits are i.e. 45 and have that number show up as in integer
in a
new cell. Can anyone help me please.

Thanks.

Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marcus

Tiah;

Thank you -- you are awesome :-)

I thought that it would be a simple function.

Take care.

Mark

"tiah" wrote:

Hello !

formula is :

=VALUE(RIGHT(A1,2))

RIGHT will give you last two digits

VALUE will convert the string into numeric

tiah.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 06:16:13 -0800, Marcus
wrote:

Hello;

I amin dire need of some help. I would like to be able to have a way of
getting the last 2 siginifcant dogits of numeric string in a new cell. i.e.
if a cell contains the number 2.3345 I would like to be able to know what
the last 2 digits are i.e. 45 and have that number show up as in integer in a
new cell. Can anyone help me please.

Thanks.

Mark

What was the problem with the suggestions posted in reply to your identical
question posted yesterday morning?

It would be helpful to keep everything in the same thread, as that one also
pointed out some potential pitfalls with the approach taken by tiah, which you
seem to have embraced.

--ron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marcus

My apologies.

I am a newbie here and I couldn't find the first post to actually see if it
made it (I had a small computer glitch at the time it was posted).

Again, I am sorry and thank you to anyone who gave me a response on the
original post. Sorry again.