Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld

Default Significant digits

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 06:16:13 -0800, Marcus
wrote:

Hello;

I amin dire need of some help. I would like to be able to have a way of
getting the last 2 siginifcant dogits of numeric string in a new cell. i.e.
if a cell contains the number 2.3345 I would like to be able to know what
the last 2 digits are i.e. 45 and have that number show up as in integer in a
new cell. Can anyone help me please.

Thanks.

Mark

What was the problem with the suggestions posted in reply to your identical
question posted yesterday morning?

It would be helpful to keep everything in the same thread, as that one also
pointed out some potential pitfalls with the approach taken by tiah, which you
seem to have embraced.

--ron