ForSale

Default Need to learn about formulas

I feel pretty confident with my use of macros, but i need some work on
formulas. I don't have help installed on my work PC (which is where i
have my downtime...). are there any good sites around that can show me
more about formulas?
thanks.

--
ForSale
ForSale's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11896

David McRitchie

I don't understand why anyone (group) would not include
HELP. I've seen that situation and it is really idiotic,
perpetrated by groups that want to be the sole point for
help and don't even provide decent help.

I would suggest downloading Peter Noneley's workbook
Excel Function Dictionary
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/noneley
---
HTH,

"ForSale" wrote in message ...

I feel pretty confident with my use of macros, but i need some work on
formulas. I don't have help installed on my work PC (which is where i
have my downtime...). are there any good sites around that can show me
more about formulas?
thanks.

--
ForSale
ForSale's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11896
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=274766

Ken Wright

Or get a good book. John Walkenbach's Bible series is a very good start for
formulas, and he then has a Formula specific book if you want to take it to the
next level.

Amazon stock all of them.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"ForSale" wrote in message

I feel pretty confident with my use of macros, but i need some work on
formulas. I don't have help installed on my work PC (which is where i
have my downtime...). are there any good sites around that can show me
more about formulas?
thanks.

--
ForSale
ForSale's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=274766

---

Peter

David is completely right about this: pressing F1 should be everybody's first
port of call.

For example, the other day I needed to work out the lowest common
denominator of a range of about cells. First thing I did? Pressed F1, and
typed Denominator in the dialogue box. Lo and behold, found an Add-In for the
formula
=CGD(num1,num2,num3..) (Greatest common divisor)

Although HELP is wordy and not always clear to beginners, it was written by
the programmers themselves and therefore pretty much covers everything you
need to know about basic formulae.

"ForSale" wrote in message ...

I feel pretty confident with my use of macros, but i need some work on
formulas. I don't have help installed on my work PC (which is where i
have my downtime...). are there any good sites around that can show me
more about formulas?
thanks.

--
ForSale
ForSale's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11896
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=274766

Biff

All these smart people here and not one of them gave the
most obvious answer.

One of, if not the best place to "learn" about formulas is
right here in this group. Visit this group as often as you
can and just read the posts and replies. Although books
are nice to have, you'll learn much more from this group.

Biff

I don't understand why anyone (group) would not include
HELP. I've seen that situation and it is really idiotic,
perpetrated by groups that want to be the sole point for
help and don't even provide decent help.

I would suggest downloading Peter Noneley's workbook
Excel Function Dictionary
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/noneley
---
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed

Nov. 2001]
My Excel Pages:

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
Search Page:

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm

"ForSale" wrote in

message ...

I feel pretty confident with my use of macros, but i

need some work on
formulas. I don't have help installed on my work PC

(which is where i
have my downtime...). are there any good sites around

that can show me
more about formulas?
thanks.

--
ForSale

----------------
ForSale's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?

action=getinfo&userid=11896
View this thread:

.

Gord Dibben

Couple of resources with downloadable workbooks with example.......

Peter Nonely: Function list
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/noneley/

Norman Harker: Function list
http://www.contextures.on.ca/functions.html