Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ramana

Default Display Part of the cell value

Hi Everybody,

From a calculation part(formula in a cell) I'm getting a value
wuth three decimal places.(ex: 27.874) Now I wanted this result should
be displayed in two cells as value befor e the decimal point and in
second cell after the decimal point.

Ex: In Cell C1 I have 27.874
then D1 = 27
E1 = 0.874

Is it possible, If so pl tell me.

Thanks and Regards

Ramana

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Duke Carey

in cell D1 use

=TRUNC(C1)

in E1 use

=C1-D1

"ramana" wrote:

Hi Everybody,

From a calculation part(formula in a cell) I'm getting a value
wuth three decimal places.(ex: 27.874) Now I wanted this result should
be displayed in two cells as value befor e the decimal point and in
second cell after the decimal point.

Ex: In Cell C1 I have 27.874
then D1 = 27
E1 = 0.874

Is it possible, If so pl tell me.

Thanks and Regards

Ramana

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

D1: =INT(C1)
E1: =MOD(C1,1) or =C1-D1

--

HTH

RP

"ramana" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi Everybody,

From a calculation part(formula in a cell) I'm getting a value
wuth three decimal places.(ex: 27.874) Now I wanted this result should
be displayed in two cells as value befor e the decimal point and in
second cell after the decimal point.

Ex: In Cell C1 I have 27.874
then D1 = 27
E1 = 0.874

Is it possible, If so pl tell me.

Thanks and Regards

Ramana

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ramana

Hi,

Thank you verymuch for your replies.

Thanks and Regards

Ramana

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:16:27 -0000, "Bob Phillips"
wrote:

D1: =INT(C1)
E1: =MOD(C1,1) or =C1-D1

Only for positive numbers, though.

--ron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld

On 16 Nov 2005 03:45:19 -0800, "ramana" wrote:

Hi Everybody,

From a calculation part(formula in a cell) I'm getting a value
wuth three decimal places.(ex: 27.874) Now I wanted this result should
be displayed in two cells as value befor e the decimal point and in
second cell after the decimal point.

Ex: In Cell C1 I have 27.874
then D1 = 27
E1 = 0.874

Is it possible, If so pl tell me.

Thanks and Regards

Ramana

How do you want to display the fractional portion if the number is negative?

With the negative sign in front of both, then Duke's formulas work. If you
want the fractional part to be positive, then his second formula should be:

=ABS(C1-D1)

--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ramana