Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lee Harris

Default conditional fraction - sumif?

Since you guys have been very helpful before, I thought I'd ask if you could
help me do a SUMIF (or other) solution to the following

Col "A": player name
COl "B": team name
Col "D": attempts

about 300 rows of data, not ordered by team.

What I want in Col "L" is the %age of attempts the player has had on his
team, the players will be mixed up, not in team order, so I want to be able
to see immediately without sorting that a player has had 34.5% of the
attempts on the team he plays for

Can this be easily done?

cheers !
Lee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

Try this:

=SUMIF(A1:A300,"player_name",D1:D300)/SUMIF(B1:B300,"team_name",D1:D300)

Format the cell as PERCENTAGE

Biff

"Lee Harris" wrote in message
Since you guys have been very helpful before, I thought I'd ask if you
could help me do a SUMIF (or other) solution to the following

Col "A": player name
COl "B": team name
Col "D": attempts

about 300 rows of data, not ordered by team.

What I want in Col "L" is the %age of attempts the player has had on his
team, the players will be mixed up, not in team order, so I want to be
able to see immediately without sorting that a player has had 34.5% of the
attempts on the team he plays for

Can this be easily done?

cheers !
Lee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rowan Drummond

In L2 enter =C2/SUMIF($B$2:$B$200,B2,$C$2:$C$200) adjust the sumif
ranges to include all rows and copy down as requried.

Hope this helps
Rowan

Lee Harris wrote:
Since you guys have been very helpful before, I thought I'd ask if you could
help me do a SUMIF (or other) solution to the following

Col "A": player name
COl "B": team name
Col "D": attempts

about 300 rows of data, not ordered by team.

What I want in Col "L" is the %age of attempts the player has had on his
team, the players will be mixed up, not in team order, so I want to be able
to see immediately without sorting that a player has had 34.5% of the
attempts on the team he plays for

Can this be easily done?

cheers !
Lee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rowan Drummond

Of course that should be:
=D2/SUMIF($B$2:$B$200,B2,$D$2:$D$200)

Lee Harris wrote:

Since you guys have been very helpful before, I thought I'd ask if you
could help me do a SUMIF (or other) solution to the following

Col "A": player name
COl "B": team name
Col "D": attempts

about 300 rows of data, not ordered by team.

What I want in Col "L" is the %age of attempts the player has had on
his team, the players will be mixed up, not in team order, so I want
to be able to see immediately without sorting that a player has had
34.5% of the attempts on the team he plays for

Can this be easily done?

cheers !
Lee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions