sflady

Default removing unnecessary spaces from multiple cells

I have many cells where the numbers have a space or two after each one. I am
not able to format them as numbers because of this and don't want to have to
remove them manually. I have tried the Replace with but don't know how to
have it remove spaces. It says I must have a value.
Thanks.
Max

If the "numbers" are all in 1 col,
think we could give Data Text to Columns a try

Select the col of "numbers"
Click Data Text to Columns
Click Finish
--
Rgds
Max
"sflady" wrote in message
I have many cells where the numbers have a space or two after each one. I

am
not able to format them as numbers because of this and don't want to have

remove them manually. I have tried the Replace with but don't know how to
have it remove spaces. It says I must have a value.
Thanks.

bpeltzer

In a helper column, =value(trim(a1)). The trim deletes spaces on either end
and the value converts it back to a number. Autofill, then copy / paste
special values to fix the results, then delete the original column.