mototrile_x

Default how do i display formulas in only certain cells?

i need to display 9 cells functions and the rest the value of the function
Frank Kabel

Hi
you'll need VBA. e.g. the following kind of UDF:
public function get_formula(rng as range)
if rng.hasformula then
get_formula=mid(rng.formula,2,1024)
end if
end function

Now if your formula is in cell B1 use
=GET_FORMULA(B1)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"mototrile_x" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
i need to display 9 cells functions and the rest the value of the

function

mototriple_x

sorry, i must not be up to speed on the abreviations, please tell me what
"VBA" and "UDF" stand for. i tried =get_formula(C5) for a formula in cell C5.
the formula is =PMT(C$4/12,$A5,$L$2) and i need it to be displayed along with
others in another section of my worksheet
thanks
mototriple_x
David McRitchie

VBA is Visual Basic for Applications, it is the language that
used for user macros (programmed coding) in Excel.
UDF is User Defined Function, which are like the builtin
Worksheet Functions but are user written.

To install a UDF see my page

---
HTH,

"mototriple_x" wrote in message ...
sorry, i must not be up to speed on the abreviations, please tell me what
"VBA" and "UDF" stand for. i tried =get_formula(C5) for a formula in cell C5.
the formula is =PMT(C$4/12,$A5,$L$2) and i need it to be displayed along with
others in another section of my worksheet
thanks
mototriple_x

K.S.Warrier

In the edit menu, click the clipboard.Copy the values of cells selected
required in the clipboard(maximum 12 numbers) and click this from clipboard
to the required cells.
K.S.Warrier