TonyR

Default Creating Formulas In Excel To Calculate Time Intervals

Each month I receive a report that has entries for time intervals in the
following format days:hours:minutes (e.g. 02:13:07 - 2 days 13 hours 7
minutes). In order to perform calculations for a group of that data I
decided its best to convert everything to base 10 (minutes). To expedite
that process, I would like to create a script/macro that would recognize the
expression and perform the conversion. I have only limited formula writing
however. Would greatly appreciate any insight you may be able to share!
Thank you!
bpeltzer

Can you use Data Text To Columns? Select 'delimited' and indicate that
'space' and 'other, ":"' are your delimiters. That should separate the
hours, minutes and seconds so that you can perform simple calculations.
(Note that you'll probably have to change the formatting on the first column;
it may appear as a time until you reformat it).
--Bruce