Michael

Default Performing Math with Time over 24 hours

I need a little help with a formula in excel. I have to calculate the number
of calls taken per hour. This is not a problem for a daily formula, however
the problem comes when totaling the hours for a month up and then dividing by
the number of calls. For example, the following is for one day and works
with no problem:

Agent Hours Calls Calls per Hour
1 6:45:48 36 5.32

When I total it, this happens:

Agent Hours Calls Calls per Hour
1 52:13:01 518 122.84

My formula is =IF(C210,J21/((C21-INT(C21))*24),""). My thought (and best
guess) is that excel is calculating the fours left over from 48 which maybe
it is seeing as 2 days, 4 hours, and 13 minutes. Is there a way to
workaround that? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael

Peo Sjoblom

Regardless how many hours use

=Calls/(Hours*24)

will return 9.920152 and if you want an integer you can either use

=INT(Calls/(Hours*24))

or

=ROUND(Calls/(Hours*24),1),0)

Peo Sjoblom

[...]