STILLA

Default Preventing new worksheets when drilling down in PIVOTs

(sorry, forgot to mention that this is about Pivot tables)

Is there a way to prevent the creation of a new worksheet for a drill down,
unless I want it to stay in my workbook?

it drives me nuts deleting all those extra worksheets that get
automatically created everytime I double click on the data when I just to
take a look.

Thanks so much.

William Horton

On the Pivot Table toolbar follow the path Pivot Table / Table Options.
Uncheck the enable drilldown button. Once you do this you will no longer be
able to drill down "create sheets" until you re-check the button.

If this is not what you want the only other option is to not save the
workbook when you are done with it "looking at the data". Any changes you
have made will not be saved including the new sheets you created.

Hope this is a start.

Thanks,
Bill Horton

"STILLA" wrote:

(sorry, forgot to mention that this is about Pivot tables)

Is there a way to prevent the creation of a new worksheet for a drill down,
unless I want it to stay in my workbook?

it drives me nuts deleting all those extra worksheets that get
automatically created everytime I double click on the data when I just to
take a look.

Thanks so much.

STILLA

Thanks William!
I was hoping there would be a way to actually look at the drill down data in
a pop up or something, without an actual worksheet tab being created.. but I
guess it's not possible. Your second option, of course, makes a lot of sense.

Stilla