Dan

Default Problem with adding time values

Hello,

I get following data with leading space infront of the values. I tried
pretty much everything suggested in news group, anywhere from formatting the
cells to removing space and adding. All I get is 00:00:00 in the result cell.
However, if I manually remove space infront of each value the sum works fine.
Removing space manually is not very productive. I would appreciate if anyone
encountered similar problems before and had resolved it.

02:47:19
00:00:01
00:29:19
00:26:17
0:00

Regards,

Dan Rao

Sloth

How are you adding them? How are you inputting the times? Is this imported
data?

If it is imported, you would need to use Data-Text to Columns and then cut
and paste back to the first row.

"Dan" wrote:

Hello,

I get following data with leading space infront of the values. I tried
pretty much everything suggested in news group, anywhere from formatting the
cells to removing space and adding. All I get is 00:00:00 in the result cell.
However, if I manually remove space infront of each value the sum works fine.
Removing space manually is not very productive. I would appreciate if anyone
encountered similar problems before and had resolved it.

02:47:19
00:00:01
00:29:19
00:26:17
0:00

Regards,

Dan Rao

Sloth

So then they are imported with a space. Data-Text to Columns should work
nicely to remove the spaces. This seperates the space and time into two
columns. You will then have to delete the first column. You should then be
able to format as time, and should not have any problems summing the time.