Ram

Default Subtotals

I have 200 subtotals in a spread sheet, with varied no. of rows in each
group, how do I sum up the subtotal rows only to get Grand total. Normal SUM
function is only max 30 numbers, fomula is too long in this case.
Paul Corrado

Maybe you can cheat a little.

If every row of data is included in one subtotal then you can SUM the entire
range and divide that by 2 (You have added each number twice)

=SUM(A1:A100)/2

"Ram" wrote in message
I have 200 subtotals in a spread sheet, with varied no. of rows in each
group, how do I sum up the subtotal rows only to get Grand total. Normal

SUM
function is only max 30 numbers, fomula is too long in this case.

David McRitchie

if you are using the SUBTOTAL Worksheet Function
it does not include subtotals.

The main thing that SUBTOTAL(9, range) is used for
is for filtered lists.
---
HTH,