Raza

Default macro button in all my workbooks

know the basics of how to make a macro. My question is how can I use a
macro in all of my spreadsheets? I would like it to load up automatically
everytime I start excel.

My macro is basically sorting columns in a spreadsheet. As of right now, I
am opening a .dbf file and doing the sorting manually and it is getting old
fast! I would like to be able to open the .dbf file, hit the macro button,
and save as a .xls file.

I asked this question about a week ago and ther response I got was to look
up personal workbook in help. I did but only got answers that did not help
me in the least.

Duke Carey

The recommendation to read about the personal.xls file was good advice.

Open one of your dbf files. Once it is on-screen and is the active sheet,
record the steps you take BUT BE SURE TO SAVE THE MACRO IN PERSONAL.XLS.

When you close Excel, you'll be asked if you want to save the changes to
Personal.xls. Respond YES.

Now your macro is available everytime you start Excel.