Lindsey

Default Help with schedule layout

I was wandering,

We have an excel work book set up for our scheduling. Each month is a
different spreadsheet. And on each spread sheet there are rows for each day
of the month. And beside each day of the month we list the name of the job
that needs completed on that date,

We have about 5 different departments that need to finish up their various
responsiblities well before the tentative completion date.

Would there be any way that I could make a row that I could place numbers
like 1-10 and have the job that those numbers are in the same row as show up
on a different excel sheet in the order that I placed them? What I want is
to have a printable view that would be in a customizeable order.

Thank you for taking the time to look at this, if you can help me that would
be greatly appreciated!
Mike

Without a developer that wants to work on your issue, how about adding
another column titled "priority" then run a sort to get the top priority jobs
at the top. You may need to go to File - Clear Print Area/Set Print
Area....maybe do a print and force it on 1 by 1 page...sorry but "printable
view in a customizable order" requires "work".

"Lindsey" wrote:

I was wandering,

We have an excel work book set up for our scheduling. Each month is a
different spreadsheet. And on each spread sheet there are rows for each day
of the month. And beside each day of the month we list the name of the job
that needs completed on that date,

We have about 5 different departments that need to finish up their various
responsiblities well before the tentative completion date.

Would there be any way that I could make a row that I could place numbers
like 1-10 and have the job that those numbers are in the same row as show up
on a different excel sheet in the order that I placed them? What I want is
to have a printable view that would be in a customizeable order.

Thank you for taking the time to look at this, if you can help me that would
be greatly appreciated!

Max

Would there be any way that I could make a row that I could place numbers
like 1-10 and have the job that those numbers are in the same row
as show up on a different excel sheet in the order that I placed them?

Here's one possible way ..

Sample construct at:
http://cjoint.com/?lir1i2IxVL
Extracting_Selected_Rows_to_New_Sheet_Lindsey_wks. xls

Assume the month sheets are named as: Nov, Dec, etc
with dates in col A, Jobs in col B, from row1 down, e.g.:

1-Nov-05 Job1
2-Nov-05 Job2
3-Nov-05 Job3
4-Nov-05 Job4
5-Nov-05 Job5
etc

Place the numbers (1 - 10) in col C as required, next to the jobs

In a sheet: Summary
------------------
List the month sheetnames in B1 across: Nov, Dec, etc

Put in B2:
=IF(ISERROR(SMALL(INDIRECT("'"&B$1&"'!C:C"),ROWS($ A$1:A1))),"",
INDEX(INDIRECT("'"&B$1&"'!B:B"),MATCH(SMALL(INDIRE CT("'"&B$1&"'!C:C"),ROWS($
A$1:A1)),INDIRECT("'"&B$1&"'!C:C"),0)))

Copy B2 across & fill down by 31 rows (max rows in any month sheet)

This will extract the jobs from the respective month sheet,
neatly bunched at the top (a/c to the numbers listed in col C)

Adapt to suit ..
--
Rgds
Max