BMarilyn92220

Default Excel columns do not add correctly.

The column totals with both AutoSum and manually entered formula are off
(low) by 2 to 3 cents. There are no formula errors. I do not see where any
figures are being rounded.
I NEED HELP!
bj

If your data is calculated, it probably is rounding.
change your column to show at least 4 or 5 decimal places
then look for rounding.

you may need to formally round off the data to the precision you want.

"BMarilyn92220" wrote:

The column totals with both AutoSum and manually entered formula are off
(low) by 2 to 3 cents. There are no formula errors. I do not see where any
figures are being rounded.
I NEED HELP!

Duke Carey

To confirm BJ's assertion that rounding IS the issue, see if the SUM() you
are getting matches what you would get by using this array formula - meaning
you have to enter it by pressing Shift+Ctrl+Enter

=SUM(ROUND(data range,2))

If the above formula gives you the value you expect, then you're going to
need to have to deal with rounding the values.