Tolo

Default how do I create more than 266 columns in an excel sheet?

My excel sheets have by default up to column IV (aprox. 266 columns). I need
to insert more than this and also have problems with the option of "grouping"
columns. When I have most of 266 columns in use and several "groupings", when
I try to minimise them all (one by one), after a few, appears a warning pop
up messge with a message "objects cannot be moved outside the sheet" and the
action cannot be done (cannot mimise that group of columns and not anymore
until I expand/ungroup others).
Chip Pearson

The number of columns is limited to 256 columns. This cannot be
increased.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Tolo" wrote in message
My excel sheets have by default up to column IV (aprox. 266
columns). I need
to insert more than this and also have problems with the option
of "grouping"
columns. When I have most of 266 columns in use and several
"groupings", when
I try to minimise them all (one by one), after a few, appears a
warning pop
up messge with a message "objects cannot be moved outside the
sheet" and the
action cannot be done (cannot mimise that group of columns and
not anymore
until I expand/ungroup others).

Bernard Liengme

The maximum number of columns in an Excel worksheet is 256 - last column is
IV
There is no way to make more; if there where then some other number would be
the max!
In Help, enter the term SPECS and see the specifications for Excel
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme