spezialize

Default Searching for a particlar value and matching to a name..

• Add a column for winner that displays the name of the person with
highest % goal reached.

I have several columsn with names.. and then more columns with
numbers.. once i get the max number i wanna see what name corresponds
with that number..

--
spezialize
spezialize's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28628

spezialize

didnt work for me... let me try to explain better what I have since it
wont let me post my excel file..

I have a column with Names... some columns after with quarterly
numbers, a column which adds all those sales(total column), a goal
column, and then a column which calculates the percent of the goal the
person has reached. I need a column which will display the name of the
person with the highest perecentage goal, and then have that number
show up.

--
spezialize
spezialize's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28628
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=482924

spezialize

I also am having trouble creating a vlookup table... ive read
documentation but it isnt flying with me..

• Add a column for “Ranking” based on percent of goal reached using a
vlookup table
create the table where those selling over 100% of target goal get
Excellent, those from 90-100% get Good, from 75-89 get Fair and any
below 75% get Monitor

--
spezialize
spezialize's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28628
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=482924

spezialize

bump still havent figured it out

--
spezialize
spezialize's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28628
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=482924

Rowan Drummond

To get the name of the person with the highest percentage assume names
in A2:A5 and percentages in D2:D5
=INDEX($A$2:$A$5,MATCH(MAX($D$2:$D$5),$D$2:$D$5,0) ,1)

Note: if there is a tie this will give you the name of whoever is listed
first with the highest percentage.

To get the actual highest percentage simply =MAX($D$2:$D$5)

Is this what you were wanting?
Regards
Rowan

spezialize wrote:
didnt work for me... let me try to explain better what I have since it
wont let me post my excel file..

I have a column with Names... some columns after with quarterly
numbers, a column which adds all those sales(total column), a goal
column, and then a column which calculates the percent of the goal the
person has reached. I need a column which will display the name of the
person with the highest perecentage goal, and then have that number
show up.

Rowan Drummond

See http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html#Range
You would set up your table like this:
0% Monitor
75% Fair
90% Good
100% Excellent

Say this table was in J2:K5 and the percentage you wanted to look up was
in D2 your formula would be:
=VLOOKUP(D2,$J$2:$K$5,2)

Hope this helps
Rowan

spezialize wrote:
I also am having trouble creating a vlookup table... ive read
documentation but it isnt flying with me..

• Add a column for “Ranking” based on percent of goal reached using a
vlookup table
create the table where those selling over 100% of target goal get
Excellent, those from 90-100% get Good, from 75-89 get Fair and any
below 75% get Monitor

spezialize

thank you :) very solid

--
spezialize
spezialize's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28628
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=482924

Rowan Drummond

You're welcome. I also replied to your question regarding the ranking
but it is not showing up on my newsreader. Repeated he

To get the name of the person with the highest percentage assume names
in A2:A5 and percentages in D2:D5
=INDEX($A$2:$A$5,MATCH(MAX($D$2:$D$5),$D$2:$D$5,0) ,1)

Note: if there is a tie this will give you the name of whoever is listed
first with the highest percentage.

To get the actual highest percentage simply =MAX($D$2:$D$5)

Regards
Rowan

spezialize wrote:
thank you :) very solid